Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Green Smoothie Challenge

On another site, someone started a Green Smoothie Challenge. I LOVE smoothies and juicing, but don't always keep my eating healthy. I was all for this challenge and thought I'd document as I go.


So here we go! The recipe I am using is the following:

2 bananas
1 orange
1 white peach
1/3 English Cucumber (seedless)
1 cup water (or more)
2 cups greens (most people use spinach, I used green leaf lettuce)
2 TBS. honey or to taste - local honey is best (for allergies, etc.)

Peel bananas, orange, and cucumber. Chop greens very small. Blend until extremely smooth. I have a regular blender. The best overall is the Vitamix - on my wish list! I use only 1 cup water, but the original recipe called for 2 cups. Chill and serve. Enjoy!



Look how much it makes! I drink 8 oz in the morning, and the rest later throughout the day. It really does taste very good and sweet! Hardest thing for me is actually the color. lol


Results so far: I usually drink at least one glass of sweet tea each day. For the last 2 days, that tea hasn't been as appetizing, as if I don't really want it. Yahoo!

Have a great day!

Cheri Share/Bookmark

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!