Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bathroom Workaround

I've mentioned before that I cannot bend, lift or twist.  Can you imagine that?  Think of the things you do every day that requires those movements?  Do you know anyone who can't or shouldn't bend/lift or twist?  I thought I'd show you how we make this work.  This idea works well anywhere, particularly bathrooms and kitchens. 
In our new bathroom, the counter tops are "normal" height, whereas the other house has "gentleman" height, for taller folks.  This creates a problem as even brushing my teeth causes a "leaning" situation that hurts my back.  The vanity is nice and large with tons of drawers, BUT I can't use them.  Bummer.

And something we really miss is the huge linen closet that we had behind the vanity at the other place. I kept much of my items in that closet, easily reachable.  So what to do?

We were shopping at S.am's the other day and saw this:


For only $14.99, we thought maybe we had solved the bathroom problem.  And we did!  It works great(Sadly, I can only find it online now for $29 - $35.  Check YOUR store and see if they still have it.)  Here is a link to the higher priced product:

You can actually buy 2 and stack them on each other if you have a taller space.

Kitchen Worx Stackable Basket



It is not the cutest thing ever, but it is WONDERFUL for my needs.  Always be ready to think outside the "box" - using a kitchen shelving system for toiletries.  Win!

P.S.  I'm not the only one who uses it!  lol



Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Hey there my friend,

    I think it's a great solution, especially when you're trying to work around the restrictions of a rental and since it's a master bath, your guests are less likely to see it anyway. It does exactly what you need it to. It keeps those much needed everyday items totally within reach, but still organized and in one place.

    When you live with pain, it's not always easy to have to keep bending down to access a lower drawer or cabinet in a bathroom vanity. Trust me, I do the same kinds of things. It's amazing what you can come up with when you know the "traditional way" is going to set off a pain flare!

    Great idea! (and it goes with your tissue holder and soap dispenser quite well too!)

    Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!