Monday, April 18, 2016

Master Bedroom Stenciling Idea


Really think we are going to do some stenciling around the house.  Here is a favorite pattern and color choice for me - matches our master bedroom color exactly - Sherwin Williams Peppercorn paint.

Venetian Scroll Allover Stencil - Reusable Stencils for Walls - DIY Wall Decor, 


Cutting Edge Stencils is the seller.

Here is our current bedroom:


This is the wall where our master bed sits - I'm thinking of stenciling this entire wall.  It is a deep charcoal gray blue - Sherwin Williams Peppercorn.



So beautiful.  Have you ever stenciled in your home?  Any tips?  Thanks!




Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of stenciling and have done a LOT of it over the years. As the trends have changed a bit, I do less on walls these days but I do use stencils on furniture and things like terra cottta pots in my garden.

    I think the biggest tip I would give it to make sure your stencil brush has just a slight amount of paint. You can always add more layers but stencils should be light nearly opaque. A pretty stencil nearly looks like it is aged, if you get what I mean.

    I often use makeup sponges instead of stencil brushes. (the little triangle kind found in the Health and Beauty aisle) I dip the sponge in paint then dab it onto a paper towel until the paint is very subdued...then dab at the stencil.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!