Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Armour Desiccated Thyroid Shortage

If you have Hypothyroidism (under-active thyroid) and take Armour Thyroid, you might have noticed by now (or soon will) that there is a back order and shortage of this medication, available only by prescription. Some pharmacies are receiving small shipments of 60 mg (1 grain), but unless you ask for the specific mg. they carry, they will say they do not have any.

Armour Thyroid Info

If you are concerned and cannot get your prescription filled, check at a local compounding pharmacy. I was able to get my prescription filled at a compounding pharmacy yesterday and am very relieved. The pharmacist stated that as soon as Armour was back in good supply, I would go back to that.

Just wanted to update, as it had never dawned on me to look into a compounding pharmacy.

Have a great day!




Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Just like my usual complaints, I'm always tired. My metabolism has been in the all time turtle mode. My skin,scalp and hair are always dry. I have just been taking desiccated bovine thyroid supplements for 30 days and I feel so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!