Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Science Behind The Power Of Our Thoughts

For those of you more logical and linear, I wanted to share with you the science behind this process - How I forgave myself and my 6 year long pain lifted.


The Bible tells us in Romans 12:2 - "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...."


God says we are to renew our minds.  This explains HOW.


Photo Credit




Last summer, I read about a book titled, Who Switched Off My Brain  - Controlling Toxic Thoughts and Emotions by Dr. Caroline Leaf.  She is a Communication Pathologist and a Neuroscientist.  She has studied our thoughts for 26 years now and she is amazing.   Be sure to get the REVISED edition.  Her research shows that 87% to 95% of the illness that plaque us today are a direct result of our thought life.


This book knocked my socks off...very much based on the Bible.....it tells how our thoughts chemically affect our behavior, personal diseases and the healing process.


Here is what you need to know:  
Every time you have a thought, it is actively changing your brain and your body - for better or worse.


From 2nd Corinthians 10:5 -" ....and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"


And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing.  Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable.  Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.  - Phillipians 4:8 NLT


Every single thought we have matters.....it affects our glial cells in our brain.  Every toxic thought literally lays down a neural pathway to make it EASIER to have more toxic thoughts and the opposite is true.  


Dr. Leaf discusses how we have the Dirty Dozen - 12 areas of our lives affected by toxic thinking:


Toxic Thoughts
Toxic Emotions
Toxic Words
Toxic Choices
Toxic Dreams
Toxic Seeds
Toxic Faith
Toxic Love
Toxic Touch
Toxic Seriousness
Toxic Health
Toxic Schedules


As I was planning this post, I ran across this interview done Monday.  Please watch this:



I was trying so hard to get this to embed the video here but I'm still becoming friends with my Mac...so PLEASE click this link - you will be SO glad you did!!  


She explains how this works plus has a story of a lady who was so bitter and locked in unforgiveness that she had Stage 4 breast cancer and what she did about it.  In fact, studies show that 61% of cancer patients suffer unforgiveness, many severe.



Did you watch it?  PLEASE go back....you won't be sorry.  You may know someone who needs to see this video TODAY.

*Thank you so much for the wonderful response to my post on Forgiving Myself.  Your comments and emails mean the world to me.  I didn't know how this would be received and I do not want to make anyone currently suffering chronic pain to feel uncomfortable.   We all are in our own place on this journey and for some, this makes sense.  For others, it is upsetting.  Reading these books will be so helpful, I promise.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I really wish there were a Like button that I could click! :-) Loved this post. Love the list of 12. Excellent information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How the simple minded are blind sided.

    The tooth fairy will save you though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!