Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Green Smoothie Goodness



Today's concoction is so yummy, I just had to share!  Don't let this lovely color detract you.  You can always put more fruit in your smoothies in the beginning to transition your taste buds.  But the more greens, the better.

1/2 cucumber, peeled
2 Roma tomatoes
6 cups spring green lettuce mix (organic, from Sams)
1 cup water
1/2 cup grapes
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
2 bananas
1 stalk celery, including leaves
1 Tbl. local honey


I put the 6 cups greens with the water in the BlendTec and pushed the Whole Juice button.  I have found this works so much better than mixing all ingredients together.



This photo was taken in August and we now have over 300 uses.  (The screen keeps track of how many uses.)

When this was done, I put in the rest of the ingredients and pushed the Smoothie button.  In a minute or so, I had this very green but YUMMY drink.  I drink 2 glasses of this at a time, and the above amounts created 4 -5 glasses worth of goodness.  This gives me 2 days worth.



I woke up today feeling puny and spent the majority of the day in bed.  I did manage to get a shower and cleaned up before hubs came home from work. lol  So for dinner (and basically the entire day's nutrition), I drank 2 glasses of this smoothie, and had a piece of mango banana pie.  Pure raw, pure nutrition.

Give it a try - you won't believe how awesome you feel!





Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. YAY for green smoothies and Blendtec!

    Cheers,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog, but I demand an UPDATE, Miss Cheri!!!

    <3

    ~The Diva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!