Thursday, August 12, 2010

Holt's Birthday Dinner

Holt is one lucky duck this year - he got a Red Lobster birthday dinner out of his Dallas peeps and now another Red Lobster Birthday Dinner out of his parents.   And lucky us - he picked something off the value menu - Steak, Shrimp and Lobster Oscar.  *Cough Cough*.  

There is one big difference in the photos - can you tell what it is?

Dallas - My sister was kind enough to take photos with her cell phone:


 Grandma and Holt.


Holt and his Ultimate Feast.


Uncle Craig watching intently while coaching Holt on how to eat crab legs.

And our family dinner tonight (a few days early):


Ryan, 21 and Holt, almost 18.  Where did the time go?  I love their smiles.  Amazing how physically different they are having the same parents!  lol



Steak, Shrimp and Lobster Oscar.

Y'all, Holt has been incredible.  I don't know where the Holt from June went, but the "new" Holt is amazing.   All week, he has been willing to drive me, stay with me, do anything to help, willingly give advice or opinion when asked, never complain, forgo sleep....whatever I need, he has been there.  Just wanted you to know - there IS some good news to share.

Holt, if you are reading this - thank you son, from the bottom of my heart.  You knew I needed someone to step up after dad had to go back to work yet "life" went on and I am so thankful that person was you.   I am really impressed with the man you are becoming.   I love you! 

In other news, Holt has gotten his job back after his summer hiatus and I believe he starts Monday or at least checks his schedule on Sunday. He's excited.
And we are finally moved.  I wouldn't say "moved in" quite yet, but we are here.  

Upwards and onward!




Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!