Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Surprises

Today has been Cheri's Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day.  How I did not get in my car and head a random direction to never be seen again, I do not know.  Guess hubs can thank my astronomical pain levels. 

As I fought tears (but later lost that battle), I heard the doorbell ring and on the doorstep I found:

Makeup Heaven!!  Makeup Nirvana!!




Check it out - look at all those eye shadows.  Wait....


Oh my - those lip glosses!!  Can you tell which purple I'm rocking right now?  I've never owned a purple lip gloss/lipstick, ever.  I'm channeling my teenage years, back when I thought adult hood sounded fun and exciting.  lol


This set contains:

- 98 totally original, iridescent effect eyeshadow shades
- 70 shiny lip glosses
- 6 cream eyeliners
- 2 lip liners
- 3 eyeliners
- Mascara
- 4 applicators

Sigh.  I'm in love with Sephora.......and I get to play "makeup" to take my mind off my day and all the days that will follow.  Almost every day, I do something different with my makeup - guess I'm a closet makeup artist!  lol  You know how our spouses "train" themselves to notice our hair, making sure they don't miss a change?  Mine makes sure to notice my color palette for the day.  lol

But I can share one tip I learned for those of us with dark brown eyes and over 35 (lol).  I always, and I mean ALWAYS wore some peachy shade below my brow with a brown of some sort in the crease.  Well, dearies.......this ages us.  Peach shades are a no-no for the over-35 crowd.  The ideal combo for brown eyed 40+ year olds is pink/purple.  Your eyes will POP like they never have.  

In fact, if you go back and look at Sarah Palin photos from the campaign, she always had the peachy brown shadow.  Nowadays, she wears the pink/purple.  Go see how much younger she looks!

Hope you day was much better than mine!


Share/Bookmark

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!