Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Update

Andy finally got his Christmas present from me hung at work.  He put a thin piece of wood through the casing with pre-drilled nail holes so he could hang it without harming the wool fabric.  I think it looks great and anything OU makes him SMILE.  I should take a picture of his entire office - all OU, all crimson/cream with touches of black.

He sent me the photo in a text, so it is what it is.  lol


I haven't mentioned that I'm trying to teach myself how to crochet.  I think my mom taught me some as a child, but I've wanted to take it back up.  Another good distraction technique for the pain.  Only problem I'm having?  Counting.  This un-medicated ADHD situation isn't working.  When I need to do 1 stitch, then 2 stitches, then 1 stitch, the 2 stitches..........well.....forget that.  lol  I saw a counter thingy at the store - do I need to get that?  Any tips?

Today is day 6 of my self-taught plan.  Thank goodness for videos on You Tube!    Here is what I just made - see my errors to the right hand side (among who knows how many others)?  I'm still pretty proud of myself, though!  

I picked purple yarn........shocker!

Fun way to pass the time.  I'm sure my family and friends are going......ggrrreeeaaaaattt...now we know what we're getting for gifts!  lol


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Well you go girl! I can't crochet to save my life! I've tried and tried and watched those darn videos but it still comes out looking like an old chewed up dog toy :) I saw your earlier post the other day and I hope you're feeling better....ya know you probably live too close not to hollar for help if you ever need it.
    So hollar :)
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember teaching myself to knit when I was pregnant with both kids... bought all the yarn, the needles, accessories... and abruptly quit. :) Just saw a cute scarf idea on Sea Kettle Diaries... perhaps you ladies have re-inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!