Sunday, January 31, 2010

Birthday Photos

To celebrate hubby's birthday, we went to dinner with Holt, Ryan and Megan.  I did take some photos of the 3 guys, but they were blurry.  Darn!  Will have to do that again, but it's hard to get Holt to cooperate.  lol  We may also need to get a new camera or get someone else to hold the camera and keep it steady.  Ha! 

Can you believe these 2 youngsters have been married 23 years in March?  lol

Ryan and the lovely Megan!

We took other photos, but they didn't turn out.  Wish we had taken a few more to make sure.  The boys tend to roll their eyes when I whip my camera out and Holt said he rues the day I got a blog and Facebook.  lol  Boys!!  Some day, they will be glad I chronicled their lives online.  I may even create a book from the blog one of these days.  How fun is that?

Oops, almost forgot.  Andy requested Coke Salad instead of a cake, and he wanted his very own, so we made 2!  lol  We put just a few crushed pecans in his, but lots more pecans in the other one for the boys and I.  Yummy!  Have you ever had coke salad?  Here is our recipe:

2 small pkgs. cherry Jello
1 large can crushed pineapple
1 can dark, sweet, pitted cherries
6 oz. Coca Cola
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)


Drain the liquid of the pineapple and the cherries in a sauce pan.  When hot, add the cherry jello and remove from the heat.  Dissolve jello.  Add in the pineapple, cherries and Coca Cola.  Pour in an 8X13 pan.  Put in refgierator to set up for just a bit.  Then add the pecans and cream cheese, cut up into tiny bits.  Some people use less cream cheese, but for us - the more the merrier!



I'm wondering what this photo looks like to someone who has never had this?  lol  This has an interesting sweet/sour flavor and you must try it!  We usually have this only at holidays, but he enjoyed it so much at Christmas, he requested it again already.   I had never had this until I married him, and now it is holiday staple!

Love you honey (and the boys and I will stay away from YOUR coke salad)! 

Share/Bookmark

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!