Thursday, January 7, 2010

We were gone 18 days!!

That's a long time!!  Wowza!  We left on Wednesday, December 16th and drove to OKC to go with Granny to a doctor's appointment.  Then down to Dallas from there.......and we didn't come home until Saturday, January 2nd!!  We took both dogs, 2 cars......it was quite the production.  My pain was really elevated, so we knew I would need to be in the recliner for the trip or really not be physically well, so we loaded up aka the Clampitts.. (I'm Ellie, not gramma!)

........put all seats down in the van so the entire back was open, loaded up the recliner for me to recline in, the boys drove the Avalon, and off we went!  Yep - picture it.  Not safe, but comfortable and kept me functioning as best we could.  It works out great because I can see Andy perfectly in the rear view mirror (as opposed to laying down in the very back uncomfortable van seat and suffering for 8+ hours), and altnough I have to crawl in and out of the chair/van at each stop, it is SO worth it.  Wish I had some photos of the looks we get at the gas stations, though.  Oh my!!   lol

 Here are some holiday photos:

Grandma's 4 grandsons (2 from each of her daughters, ours are the older 2 )- from Left to Right:
Wyatt - 12,  Trey - 15 next week, Holt - 17, and Ryan - 20.



Wyatt and Trey in front of fired Cowboy locker - Nick Folk.
 
Attempted family photo when Craig (BIL) stopped by.  Dogs went crazy, it was a riot.  lol



My mom, Debbie. 


Sister Kelley with hubby Craig and crazy Wyatt.  lol  Remind me to make a point to get decent photos next visit!!  This was the only one I had with Craig and Kelley together.
Hubby with his folks, Jean and Joe.


BIL Jay (Andy's brother) with his rescue Boxer Sonny.  Sonny loved his new toy!


Ryan, age 20.  Many refer to him as "Little Jay".  lol

Holt, age 17.


Me, reading the amazing card from Andy and tearing up.  Best card ever in 23 years!!


Both sons actually purchased the same gifts for their parents.  Do they know them or what!


Go OU Sooners!!


My 3 wonderful guys!!

Sorry this is a little blurry.

Here are the 2 rugrats, being crazy again. 

Took me a little while to get my energy back, but better late than never, right?   Trips that long are reallyhard on me physically, but we make great memories.  In the end, it's worth it.    Thankfully, both our families now live in the Dallas area, and it makes it so much easier to see them in one visit. 

Hope everyone had a great holiday season!


Share/Bookmark

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!