Sunday, March 7, 2010

Look what I got for Valentine's Day

Yes, I know it is almost a MONTH later, but I thought it fitting since the movie came out this weekend.  (Sound good?)  Ha!  I figure better late than never, right?

Most of my family knows I looooooooove me some makeup samples, and any time they purchase perfume, I beg for the sample makeup if they don't want it.  Love love love makeup, although I really don't wear much at all.  Hubby prefers the "natural" look, so I am happy to oblige him.  But when we go out, I do like to make my eyes "pop" and when I saw this online, I wanted to see it in person. 

Anyhoo.....look what hubs surprised me with  (Ok, he was with me when we found this BUT they were and are sold out everywhere, so this was a total shock!)


This is a major collectors item now among makeup lovers, but I couldn't resist.  My first time to purchase any Urban Decay products, I was smitten! 

This is the top of the box - it opens to this pop-up with mirror.  You can't really see it, but just below is the drawer that pulls out with the shadows.


And here are the vibrant shadows, just in keeping with the bright makeup from the movie (which I hope to see soon!)


I tried to adjust the color on this photo to be as spot on as possible and it is, except for the upper left eyeshadow.  What looks royal blue (to me) is actually a beautiful violet purple, and I use it almost daily.  Using an eyeshadow brush, I lightly brush it on my lids for the sweetest lavender color that accents my brown eyes beautifully.  (Never do I wear these colors FULL color!  Hubby might have a shock if I were to do that. lol)

Now, I must say that most people die for the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (the purple genie bottle to the right) as a primer for the shadow, but I'm not in love.  I prefer my Sally Hansen Fast Fix Eye Primer by Carmindy - love it, and the price (found at select CVS stores).  And best of all, the Fast Fix is Paraben-Free!

However, if you want THE perfect eye liner pencil and color EVAH, you must try the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in ZERO, the most perfect, amazing black color I've ever used.  Hard to describe, but it has a beautiful blue undertone, while still being 100% black. 

Not only does this brand pencil go on SO smoothly, like butter, but this color.......I'm in love!   Waterproof AND blendable for up to 30 seconds and won't budge all day long. This might be crazy, but I line my eyes with the pencil (one eye at a time), use my eyeliner blending brush to blend, then immediately use that brush to do my eyebrows.  I have very dark almost black eyebrows and regular brown or even dark brown shades of eyebrow color are too light.  This black eyeliner is the perfect color for my eyebrows and the color stays all day!    I don't know what else to say, other than hubby is surely tiring of my blathering on and on every time I wear it.   My deep brown eyes just pop with this color.  I got a sample in this set above, but just purchased a full-size one the other day.  I know I will be using it faithfully.  

The other eyeliner pencil sample above,  color Flipside, is also quite nice, but I have less need for that color.  I have tried using it to line my waterline, and it is a little dark for that.

Thank you honey for such a great gift!

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!