Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh no it did not!

I just almost had a panic attack.  It's 1:30AM and I am busy researching on the Internet.  It started acting up, so I clicked CTL- ALT- Delete OR SO I THOUGHT.  I was going to turn off a program to get everything back to normal.

Well..........all of a sudden, my entire desktop turned sideways.  Yes, sideways.  As in, to read anything, to be able to use the mouse, I had to LAY DOWN and operate it that way!!  It still was acting up and frozen, so I had to do a hard shutdown, which I hate to do.

It came up sideways again!!!!!  Now I was really panicking.  Thankfully, I took a deep breath, laid down  on my right side and navigated to the search page for help with "sideways desktop in Windows Vista".  LOL   Happily, I found it is a somewhat common problem and lots of other folks had to ask what to do also.   This actually is an option you have.  You can turn your desktop sideways (right or left) or completely upside down.  Whatever for, I have no idea.

Anyhoo..........instead of hitting CTL-ALT -Delete, I hit CTL - ALT - LEFT Arrow, and THAT is why everything went sideways.

So this is my Public Service Announcement  - do not be in such a hurry as to hit any of the arrow buttons when trying to pull up your program manager.

The fix was to find graphics properties (which I somehow found in the Control Panel under Display Settings, advanced mode, I believe).  Once in, I clicked "0", since it was set on 270 degrees.  UGH!!!!

Seriously, now. why???  If I had an iPad, maybe.  Or a notebook.  Maybe.  But a laptop?  That can't be turned any other way?

Now I can relax and go back to enjoying my peaceful time in the middle of the night.  NOT a good time to have a crisis!  lol

Have a great day (or night as it is for me right now)!








Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info, hopefully I won't need to use it, but if I do this will help. Sorry you had to go through that at all but in the middle of the night!!!
    You have a wonderful day my friend.
    Jolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!