Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Eyelash Curler LOVE

There is an odd question in my life and that is:  Why is my mother fearful of eyelash curlers?  If she doesn't use them nor like them, who taught me to use them, and who purchased my first one????  Hmmmm......

Anyhoo...I've used just any 'ol regular eyelash curler for years. Nothin' special.  And never happy.

Until.
I read over and over and over that I MUST try the  

You would be hard pressed to find a professional makeup artist who does not rave about this eyelash curler!   Previously sold at Sephora.  And just about the time I decided to buy one, they no longer carried them. 

Nor was this eyelash curler sold in the US any longer!!!!!!  ACK!!!!

A few weeks ago, I happened to be at the Shu Uemura website and saw that they were offering FREE shipping and could send me this little item.  

Happy dance!!!
I still didn't know WHY exactly I would love this so much more than any other?  Then a blogger mentioned that since this eyelash curler was designed for Asian eyes, the lashes get spread OOOUUUTTT more as you curl.   In fact, many videos show gals holding their eyes out, as if Asian to get it to fit better, and then using the curler.  Lucky me - this curler fits my eyes perfectly and I don't need to stretch them.

It is no secret I have large eyes, but I still had no idea how awesome this product was going to be.  I thought I'd share the differences - show you a physical picture.  Would have saved me some grief!



Notice the drug store brand has mascara on it?  A big NO NO.  But ladies, even using that, I never could get my lashes curled enough and always HAD to curl again after mascara placement.  This is bad because it can pull your lashes out.  

The Shu Uemura?  Curls prior to mascara and it stays!!!  In fact, once I've curled my lashes, I find it hard to put mascara on without hitting my upper lid.  How about that?

Try this:  Hold your hand in front of you.  Curl your hand slightly towards you.  Notice how your fingers (lashes) stay close together?  

Now, spread your fingers out, as if mimicking the curve above.  See how the fingers (lashes) spread out?  Your lashes will be more noticeable!

There is a trick or technique to making this successful:

1.  You put the lash curler at the base of your lashes and hold.
2.  Put the curler mid way up and hold.
3.  Put the curler at the tip of your lashes and hold.

Then you are done!  Apply mascara as usual.  And then spend all day explaining to people you did NOT use those new lash lengthening products nor did you get lash extensions.  It is that dramatic!

Any photos you see of my in the past with long lashes was AFTER tons of mascara and repeated use of the curler.  Over and over and over.

No more.

Enjoy!

 
Share/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. Hi Cheri! Great post. I actually haven't curled my eyelashes in a few years. Do they still come with the little rubber replacement pads? I may have to get one, lately I seem to have some stray long lashes that stand straight out and get hung up with other lashes, I didnt even think to curl them! Cool, thanks so much!

    p.s. a week or so ago you had a post on your false lashes, where did you get those? They looked great on you and did not look false at all. take care my friend, hope your feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should probably check this out. I've never been able to wear mascara. Not even the hypo-allergenic ones. No matter what I've paid for it, my eyes are itchy and running within 2 minutes after applying it.

    Curling them was always a bit scary because I was afraid it would pull them out. This curler looks like it might cover both of those problems.

    Thanks for sharing. Glad you're Central Pain has lessened a bit. Take care my friend.

    XOXO M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! Just wanted to let you know that you have a blog award waiting for you today over at my blog so check it out when you get the chance! :) http://www.plumperfect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I have one of those 1 cm wide ones so you do little buts at a time... I LOVE it! I know everybody raves about the Shu one, but I STILL get pinched with it...
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!