Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Makeup Primer on the cheap!

Stick with me here.....

Using a primer before my foundation is something new to me, but with new wrinkles showing up and other imperfections, it sounded interesting.  I did a review on a Korres Face Primer over a year ago and do like that one.   Most reviews state the the best on the market is the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer but the price ranges from $28 to $49.  No thanks!

So how shocked was I when I saw several reviews for a product you can buy at Walmart for under $7?  Same ingredients as the Smashbox primer......so.....I went on the hunt.  (Didn't find it at Walgreens or CVS, but had success at Walmart).  Here it is:


Yes, you read that right - 
Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel.  

Now, it IS over by the other Monistat products for yeast infections, but this product is technically for thighs that rub together and the bikini area?  I think?  But someone noticed the ingredients and thousands have tried it on their faces, including me.  You have to try this!!  It is a clear gel, but feels very powdery....hard to describe.  You will love how it feels.

I've been using this for 2 weeks and LOVE it!!!

If you want your foundation to go on smoothly, greatly decreased lines/wrinkles.......this is your product!  you make up will last all day and look good as new.




Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. This is so funny! I've got to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome! I am passing this trick onto my sisters and girlfriends. They will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first read this tip on a wedding blog, but I completely forgot about it! Thanks for the reminder! Check out this link for another cheap makeup trick! I haven't tried it myself, but I would love to!

    http://www.weddingbee.com/2010/11/19/best-of-the-bee-ace-your-face-pt-1/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know they made a product for chaffing thighs much less that you could use it as a makeup primer. I will give it a try. Thanks for the info.
    I hope you are feeling well.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!