Monday, May 4, 2009

Korres Face Primer - Product Review

OK ladies, I have read for years that THE thing in makeup application is face primer, but I've never tried one. And everything I read talked about how they were full of silicone, made people break out, pilled on their face, etc. Did not make me want to run right out and get any. But then the makeup artists to the stars would talk about how face primer is THE number one thing they could not live without. So confusing.

For the first time ever (!), I visited a Sephora in the mall and had so much fun. Andy was very happy to people-watch on the bench and sit that one out but couldn't believe how long I was in there! lol What a playground! lol I love makeup, love love makeup, and do wear a little every day. Nothing heavy, but I am a firm believer in this: If I took time to make myself look nice while we were dating, then I shall continue to do so. Being married doesn't give me the "right" to look harried and run down, while hubs gets to go to work and see lots of nicely put-together women. Why change the rules on the poor guy? I know it has to get old having a 42 year old disabled wife, but he'll always be able to say that I do still take care of myself. To look at me, you'd probably never know the nerve pain I suffer. And I'm going to keep it that way as long as I can! Plus, I can't help it - always been a a"girly-girl".

Anyhoo...I see these different face primers in Sephora and first thing I do is smell them. They all smell horrid! Chemical smell, just yuck. There is no way I could put that on my face every day. Then I run across this product:

Korres Face Primer!! This one smelled "natural", a little fruity. I read the ingredients and check this out:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Face Primer
What it is:
A silicone-free, 99% natural, anti-oxidant rich face primer that creates the perfect canvas for makeup application.

What it does:
Rich in skin-soothing botanicals and Vitamin E, this 99-percent-natural formula refines skin texture without silicone, minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and reduces pore size. Your skin will be primed and ready for a makeup application.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Silicone
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Mineral Oils
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs

What else you need to know:
This product is Ecocert Certified and dermatologically tested, and also formulated without Triclosan, PPG, MEA, DEA, TEA and Formaldehyde Donor.

Size: 1.01 oz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, so I decide to buy this ($28) and see what all the fuss is about regarding primers. (Since I rarely go anywhere alone due to the nerve issues, my "blow" money easily adds us for times such as this! lol) The next day, I moisturized my face as I normally do, then applied the primer. As soon as I had all my make up on, which does include a light foundation, I thought I looked luminous - glowing. But didn't say anything to Andy.

In a little bit, he looks at me to say something then turns his head back around and REALLY looks at my face. He said I looked really pretty.......something about my face. And ladies, all day long - he kept looking at my face and smiling, really really pleased with how it looked. I LOVE that!! Compliments all day long - that makes my day! lol

So, if you get a chance to run by a Sephora soon, do try this product. I think you will be really pleased!

Have a great day!



Cheri Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I will check it out. I need something . I wonder if it helps Rosacea? mishelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!