Thursday, July 21, 2011

WIP Wednesday (on Thursday)

This week has been a little rougher with the medication wean-down and I thought - why not start a crochet project to distract myself?  (Thankfully yesterday, I was feeling much better!)

I was visiting my blog roll (and visiting other crochet blog rolls) when I saw a brand spankin' new FREE pattern at Whiskers and Wool and I thought - THERE!  That!


Literally just published YESTERDAY...I jumped on it.  It looked fun!

I had recently received my order from the massive Peaches & Creme  sale (that I got in with one day to spare - the company sold out to Spinrite and their former inventory prices were slashed....)...so I picked my new Mocha Swirl cone with some Sugar 'n Cream Rose Pink.  (Not sure I like the combination after all...would use white next time as the accent color)...but here is the project in progress:



Don't know if you can see it, but there is a pink band at the bottom and I am starting the pink band at the top.  Check the pattern photos for clearer finished dishcloths.


I'm going to finish this one and start on another with a better color combo.  I love this stitch pattern because I don't think it will end up with "holes" in it when wet.  My oldest son has adopted another one of my crochet washcloths and says it is great for facial exfoliation.

Hope you are having a great week!

Make Something Mondays at Sarahndipities

WIP Wednesdays at Tami's Amis

WIP Wednesday at Ambassador Crochet

WIP Wednesday at Every Day Crochet

Finished Object Friday at Tami's Amis

Fiber Arts Friday at Visions of Sugar Plums

Fiber Arts Friday at Wisdom Begins in Wonder

Creative Friday at Natural Suburbia



Share/Bookmark

10 comments:

  1. I love the color of those dishcloths...one of my favorites. Pink always makes me smile. My sister crochets, and she's really good at it. I think it is such a talent. You're doing a good job!
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pattern is almost identical to my pattern except that I like to use back loop only to give it a bit of a ridge.

    I love the variegated, but I think would be better all variegated, or go with a solid color if doing the stripe.

    Love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you like working with the yarn from the cone? Is it easy enough to unravel or does it cause problems? I've tinkered with the idea of purchasing some, but haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheri..thanks!

    Marie Anne - I agree...although she showed variegated and solid (hard to tell), I think the pink I used just isn't the right shade.

    Mitzi - I love using the cones...just put is beside me on its side and it just pulls off so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying over here for that pink & brown...
    Hope you will share it this week!
    XOXO,
    Tasha

    http://www.frugaliciousme.com/2011/07/its-pinkalicious-thursday-time-to-get.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never did get my order in to peaches & cream. DARN!!! lol

    I love the Mocha Swirl, but I think you're right. It might look just a tad nicer with a white accent. (although I think it's fine this way too) Thanks for sharing on my WIP Wednesday.

    ~Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are nice. My aunt used to make these, best dish cloths ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining Pinkalicious Thursday. As always, your crochet creations bring a smile to my face, Tres magnifique!
    I hope to see another beautiful creation this Thursday!
    XOXO,
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!