Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can you say "Literal"?


Been a sad few weeks around here with hubby gone (and many more to go....although he will be here next week, unplanned!) and the boys have been great about helping around the house, keeping me company occasionally (SHOCK!), etc. 

Of the two, however, Ryan is my shopper, the one who will almost always go to town with me if needed.  Tonight we ran out for some dinner at a deli - we've been good for the last 2 weeks - first time eating out! (Of course, Holt wanted his "to go".)  

A baseball team was helping out at this restaurant and I asked Ryan if he remembered the time his baseball travel team worked at a restaurant one Saturday for team money.  He barely remembered it - here's the story for some giggles:

My best friend, Amy, and I had gotten a table, and brought the other kids with us.  Ryan was our waiter - He was maybe 12 or 13?  

Anyhoo....Holt orders a "Chicken sandwich, with mayonnaise on the side".  

Ryan stares at Holt.

Ryan stares at his order pad.

Amy and I look at each other like, "'eh?"
Ryan looks at me with a long stare then says, "You are going to let him order that"?

I was truly confused and said, "Yes, why?"

More stares from Ryan.

Time seemed to be passing by while we waited to find out what his problem was!

He thought Holt wanted a chicken sandwich with mayonnaise smeared all over the sides of it.  (Not realizing he meant in a container on the side of the plate).

Yes I said......chicken with mayonnaise smeared all up and down the sides of it, as in .... how would he hold it?

I SWEAR!!!!  I am not making this up!!

Ryan is my LITERAL child.  Has been since the day he was born.  As he's gotten older (21 in 2 weeks - WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?), he's been better.  But I kid you not, when he was younger, you really had to watch how you worded things.

Poor kid, we really joked about that for years, but strangely tonight, he had no memory of it.  We had another chuckle out of it.

Since I want this blog to be a scrapbook of our lives, I knew I HAD to get this in here some day! 

And I'm SO excited tonight - hubby will be home in the morning!  I miss him!

Have a great day!

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.

    Wоuld you bе interested in tгading linκs оr maybe guest writing
    a blog post or vicе-vегsa? My blοg addresses a lot of the
    ѕame topics as yоurs and I feel wе сοuld greatly bеnefit from
    eaсh other. If you're interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

    Here is my web blog amazon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!