Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Curly Hair News

Added a photo of the Coke Salad a few posts down, FYI. 

Second, I got a Sedu Flat Iron and I am in LOVE!!!!!!!!!
I chose this one based on research and the thousands of testimonials of folks who say this is the number one best flat iron for my type of hair.  I had already purchased a cheaper flat iron and it just simply destroys my hair and frizzes it to pieces.   I talked about my curly hair HERE, and I swear, I do NOT know what is up, but my hair is just getting curlier and curlier.  Could it be the surgeries and anesthesia I've had over the last few years?  Who know!  I am in a "grow -out" period right now, as keeping it curly before just ended up with too short hair for my taste.  My curls shrink up almost 3 to 4 inches, so I'm growing it out to have longer hair overall.  When I then go curly again, it will still be longer.  Make sense?  Andy is loving my longer hair right now.  He is definitely a guy who could not handle those short hair styles many women get nowadays.  But shoot, when your man brushes your hair and plays with it, why not keep it the length he likes?  Right?

I took this photo one morning after I took the towel down - see what I mean?



Anyhoo.......in the mornings, I can barely get the curls untangled to do anything with it.  As it gets longer and longer, it is getting harder to even comb out.   I am loving the products from Kinky Curly - specifically the Come Clean Shampoo -

(This product is AMAZING and MUCH healthier for your hair than the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo, which is almost pure Ammonium Laurel Sulfate AND has both Methyparaben and Propylparaben -  3 chemicals all women want to avoid, all of which we are working hard to eradicate from our home entirely.  This is likely why Neutrogena only recommends using that product no more than once a week.)  Parabens are known to mimic the hormone estrogen, which has been implicated in breast cancer.  Lots of info online if you look in to it.  Studies conflict, but I'm not taking any chances.  Not when there are some great products without any parabens. 

And my big-time favorite?  The Knot Today Detangler -

I keep a wide tooth comb in the shower, and when I'm ready to get out of the shower, I put the Knot Today through my hair, use the wide tooth comb to get the product through my hair and untangle everything.    Smells heavenly as well, and I am very scent-sensitive.  A very mild fruity scent.

These products can be purchased online or at Wild Oats.  If you go to Wild Oats (which I think is now Whole Foods Marketplace?), you may have to ask for it.  It is not with all the other shampoos.  At ours, it is an aisle over near the makeup in a glass case. 

Today, I had to leave for an appointment and rushed through with the flat iron.  Even with the pitiful job I did, my hair looks SO different, so smooth, and hubs was tickled when he came home.  He loves it when I change my look.....always has.  lol  The trick is sectioning the hair and taking time to flat iron all the sections, so will take a bit longer than I'm used to devoting to hair care in the morning.  But as soon as I get the hang of it, I will take before and after photos so you can see the difference.

Having so much fun and loving all my hair style choices these days!

P.S.  I was not paid to advertise any of these products.  Just honestly love them and wanted to share!




Share/Bookmark

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!