Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ever used a Microfiber towel on your hair?

As some of you know, I am growing my hair out to be able to wear my hair curly for a few months.  I tried it a bit ago, but my hair was too short and by the time the curls formed, my hair was then too short for my taste.  While reading all about curly hair and how to take care of it, I came across a recommendation to use a microfiber towel on hair, regardless of whether one has curly hair or not.

The microfiber towel actually soaks up the water so fast and efficiently, it cuts way down on frizz.  I kept it in the back of my mind, but did not want to pay $20+ for that towel online.  

We were at Marshalls one day and I saw this product:  A microfiber towel for dogs!!





As you can see, it was only $5.99.  I brought it home and put it away, knowing I was months away from needing it (thinking only to use it on curly hair).

We were in Bed Bath and Beyond the other day in the sheets section looking for those elastic things that hold sheets on your bed, and I saw a"fancy" microfiber towel for hair drying - for $21.99!!  Yikes!  That reminded me to come home and get mine out.

I am writing this post because you HAVE to go get one!!  Wow!!  Here are pictures from what my hair looks like after taking a regular towel down and after the microfiber towel.  I have not touched the hair with my fingers at all yet.




Notice all the frizz?





Do you see the huge difference?  Now imagine you don't have curls, but tons of frizz.  This microfiber business is awesome and makes styling so much easier.  

These curls are my natural hair after shampooing and then wrapping my hair in a towel "turban" while I put on my makeup.  And can you believe I never knew I had curly hair?  HA!!  I'm not even kidding!  My hairdresser had quite a look on her face one day when she asked if I wanted her to style my hair curly that day.  I looked like a dumbstruck 2 year old.  "HUH?"  I said?    

So now, I have these beautiful curls, and I can't wait until my hair is long enough to have beautiful curly hair and some length.  

Always true to my frugal ways, see if you can find that pet towel at Marshalls or TJ Maxx.  You will LOVE IT. 
P.S.  It is so much lighter on the head than a regular towel  - no more headaches!

Have a great day!



Share/Bookmark

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!