Friday, March 18, 2011

Great new lipstick

Are you picky about lipsticks?  I am.  I prefer cheap, but hate if they have an odor or taste weird.  When I saw someone recommend a dupe for a $31+ Guerlain lipstick, I was all ears!  

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick

Now, I don't know if this is truly "new", but it is new to me and it is the creamiest, non-flavored, non-odorous lipstick I've ever had from a drug store.   

The dupe for the Guerlain Kiss Kiss Pech Foughese 541 is  Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in 075 Peach.   Apparently in color, texture, creaminess and wearability.  Cool!


I can handle $7-8 lipstick.  And right now, our CVS has them buy one get another 50% off.  (Regular price $8.99)  Here are the photos:


073 Peach
I am not a peachy/coral girl, but it is now that season....this is coming back in style.  And the gal who recommended it has my coloring and I thought....I'd try it.  It is SO pretty.  


I had to go back and get a more normal color since this is so fabulous, and I chose this:

005 Mauve

And I thought I'd crack myself up and add "lip" photos.  lol


What's with the wonky lips?  Sexy - Not!!!  I'll just call this my Angelina Jolie lips photo.  lol


With the 2 lip photos, they were taken in a hotel room with my I -phone and this lip gloss over top.  LOVE THIS LIP GLOSS too!


Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in 180 Pink Pop.  Beautiful color, NO flavor, and not "too" sticky (per hubs).

Credit for Photo

I found this photo online and I actually have all 3 of these and love them......from left to right - Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout, Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Pop and Coral Reef.    She also has swatches if you follow that credit link above.

Did you know that you can take a different color lip gloss and put over lipstick and create a custom color?  Like take that Coral Reef peachy gloss and put it over darker mauve lipstick?  I never knew that.  lol  I was "matchy matchy" with the two.  In fact, I'm a very new lip gloss wearer in general.  Always thought they were super sticky and yucky tasting.  Are you sensing a pattern here?  lol 

Next up is the following combo (on my shopping list):

Victoria Secret Lipstick in Hot Spot
Milani 3D Gloss in Fashion Diva


Watch this video for just a minute to see her lips......................oh my goodness.........lluuuuvvvv that color!!!





Enjoy!



Share/Bookmark

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!