Ok, y'all - THIS will be your new soup of the year. Your family will bow down and thank you profusely for fixing this. And it is so easy! Here is what you need:
- 1 package ground beef
- Onions, garlic, seasonings, bell peppers, optional
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 4 tsp. butter, melted
- 4 tsp. flour or 2 tsp. corn starch
- 2 cups light cream
- 8 oz. Velveeta cheese
I forgot to take the photos the entire process, so here you go:
- In a soup pot, brown the ground beef.
- Once browned, add the beef broth and onions/other seasonings to your taste (I add only beef broth).
- Bring to a boil.
- Add diced potatoes (and bell peppers if you choose).
- Cover and simmer 12 minutes.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Get a saucepan and melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour or cornstarch. I use cornstarch (use half the flour requirement).
- Cook butter and flour/cornstarch for 2 minutes.
- Add to soup, stirring.
- Reduce heat and add cream, cheese and pepper if you desire.
|I messed up and added the cream to the butter/flour mixture instead of soup.|
- Stir until cheese melts.
I doubled the recipe but used half the cheese and it is STILL creamy. I also messed up and used full whipping cream instead of light cream, so we have quite the rich, creamy soup!
And did I take a photo when it was done? NO!!!!! GRRR. So here is a photo of it today after being in the refrigerator. See how creamy it is (with half the cheese!)
If you have teenagers in the house, I recommend you double this on the first go round. It is THAT good!!
I will be linking to THESE parties!