Thursday, May 14, 2009

Good Health news today!

On Monday, I had an EGD, which I believe is just another name for "Upper GI". Since getting the SCS - spinal cord stimulator - I have had nausea and early satiety (feeling of fullness after eating very little). This has caused me to lose 25 lbs since January 5th! Since it was technically "unintended" weight loss, my GI doc was concerned. (I had a follow-up with him because of a horrible episode of acute pancreatitis and resultant gallbladder removal in a 12 day hospitalization last December.)


I do have photos of my insides (lol), but I'll keep them off the blog. lol

He wanted to make sure I didn't have ulcers from the medications I have taken or anything else going on, like gastritis or such. After the procedure, which took less than 10 minutes, he said I might have gastritis (inflammation of the stomach), gastroparesis (delayed emptying of the stomach) or Celiac disease. He took 3 biopsies.

Just got the call that the biopsies were benign and I'm fine. Good to go. Andy and I believe this DID rule "in" that the SCS is in fact an appetitie suppressant. And that's a good thing!! I am nowhere near "too thin", and now that we have confirmed I don't have any nutritional issues, no GI issues........all is well. I guess it is good to have a cautious doctor.

Good news is welcome news around here!!

Have a great day!

Cheri Share/Bookmark

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!