Thursday, May 21, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday -Dining Room

Kelly, over at Kelly's Korner Blog, is continuing her meme, Show Us Where You Live Friday with Dining Room week.

Easily my favorite color combination........just gorgeous. A sneak peak........

Here is our current rental dining room, one of my favorite rooms in this home. Everything in this room was purchased or I made it years ago, but I still love it all!


I love this shade of green on the walls, not sure what it is. I think it brings out the gorgeous shade of wood on the table perfectly.



I made this floral arrangement several years ago and I still love it. Someday, I will tweak it, but not any time soon. I purchased the brown container at TJ Maxx and the silk flowers at Hobby Lobby, 50% off sale, of course! The wood stand it is on came from Marshall's if I remember correctly.


I snapped this wreath up at TJ Maxx, also. Again, my favorite colors.


This mirror is enormous - would fit over a 2 sink bathroom vanity. Here is a close up of the frame:


Bought this coat rack at Hobby Lobby years ago and still love it. And a final photo - with the doors to the kitchen closed.

I love the white trim, chair rail molding, white doors. I think you can splurge on paint when you have white trim - you can get away with so much more color! Again, this is a rental house, so these colors were here when we moved in. I'm sure you can see, though, that my decorating embraces color and we were thrilled we didn't have to rent a "beige" house. lol

Previous weeks: Click on Photo or Room Descriptions



Kitchens



Living Rooms



Guest Rooms

Thanks for visiting!



Cheri Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

  1. I the green in your dining room! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Your Dining Room is great. I agree...that is the best color ever...brings out the warmness of all of the wood tones and love the way the white trim looks against it. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You. . . the queen of color, and you didn't even have to paint this one? It's a really nice room. The table is great and I love the coat rack. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shade of green - very calming! Thanks for stopping by my blog. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in a rental too and we have yellow walls. I'm ok with that. Better then white or beige. I prefer more color though. Pretty table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice dining room. I also love your color combination. My son is getting married in September and egg plant(bridemaid dresses)and burnt orange are the colors being used. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for signing up for the Grand Opening Giveaway! Come back tomorrow and check if you won! Good Luck!
    Beautiful room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that shade of green! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!