Friday, April 15, 2011

Stop The Presses!

OK, y'all, anyone here have any fine lines and wrinkles that makeup/powder is setting in and aging you?  I DO!  I'm sure you know the rule:  If you put on a cream of any kind, you need to "set it" with a powder for staying power.  

I've tried  drug store brand regular powders, pressed and loose.  I've tried the rice powder highly touted - one from Palladio (available at Sally Beauty Supply and Ulta, among other places) is $4.00 and good quality.
BUT.  It still intensifies my lines.....my wrinkles.  I look OLDER, not younger and certainly not better.

Until NOW.

Until I read (through all my exhaustive Internet travels....benefits of chronic pain and a reclined limited lifestyle....plenty of T.I.M.E........)

Products that contain silica powder go on flawlessly and illuminate your skin - light reflective.  Coworkers and friends will stop and ask you what you have done differently.

Only problem, some of the best options cost upwards of $30 and more.  Examples:

Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder - 1 oz.  $34


MUFE High Definition Setting Powder  .35 oz $30


Cover FX Powder        .43 oz  $32

Now comparing those amounts, Laura Mercier is definitely the better deal at one full ounce of product..

BUT, what if I showed you a product that is ONE FULL OUNCE for.....$4.75???

$4.75




I'm sure you've seen all the rage....people creating their own mineral makeup?  Well, this is a product they use.  Reading further on the site, they recommend you combine this product with another, for an adhesive aspect - as the silica spheres are quite loose and "floaty".  I purchased Magnesium Myristate  ($4.00)along with the Silica Spheres:


Because these products are powdery and float easily, they recommend also purchasing a mask ( 49 cents each), which I did and is seen in the above photo.


Do you know how long this is going to last me???  I got this in the mail yesterday.  Somehow, I messed up the order and the sifter jars I also ordered (.85 each!) did not get included so I have ordered those now.  When they get here, I will put on the mask, mix the two products and have it in wonderful sifter jars.  


So a bit ago, when I put on my makeup, I carefully put a brush down into just the silica spheres and watched how interestingly the sphere's behaved - they bounce off each other.....and put it on my face.  OH MY GOODNESS!!!  I can't wait for my husband to see the difference!  So smooth, light just reflects off my face....nothing "settles" in anywhere.  Incredible.

So, it's up to you.  Purchase cheaper brands that exaggerate your wrinkles, spend WAY too much money on expensive products, or make your own for less than $10 total and will last an incredible amount of time?

If you are interested, they also offer an E-book on how to make mineral makeup.  I received a sample of the mineral eye shadow in my order, but forgot to try it today.   I have not been paid or compensated in any way for this post - just never knew what this company offered and had to share.

I have another post coming soon showing their makeup palettes!




(. Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Never knew about this! I just started using Loreal's Infallible makeup that lasts 18 hours (almost) which has helped with the wrinkles but the powder is the other problem. I will have to check this out. Thanks for sharing as I have been battling wrinkles for some time now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting Cheri! I love mineral makeup - it has saved my rosacea face from constant flareups (it has to be pure mineral makeup, though). This looks fascinating.
    Be very careful when handling silica powder - definitely use the mask. You don't want to get silicosis! That powder does float everywhere (I sometimes have to work with it in my job so I speak from experience).
    Can't wait to see their colour palettes. I've been using Everyday Minerals for a few years but am willing to shop around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I'll have to check in to this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How helpful!! Thanks for stopping by (and following too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I've visited you - saw your towels and potholders on Embellishing Life's Catwalk. Before I saw this post, I realized that you and I are the same age, and you don't have any wrinkles.... I HATE wrinkles.... Then I saw this post and hmmmmm.... I want my skin to look like your's. I'm going to have to check this stuff out!!

    Love your blog! I'm going to follow you as soon as I say:

    Have a great day!

    Hugs ~~ Suz

    inspiringcreativeness.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!