Saturday, April 9, 2011

Towel Toppers

One of my best friends found out I just started to crochet and asked me to make her some towel toppers.  Seems her frisky doggies won't leave her kitchen towels alone.   I hadn't seen one in years and years and went on a search.  Surprisingly, there are more than a few options.  

Most require cutting a towel in half, serging or sewing the edges and then using a hole punch to start the crochet.  This just did not thrill me. 

When I ran across THIS pattern, using the entire towel and an embroidery stitch to start, I was in love.  My first attempt came out like this:



One thing I thought would be neat to try but I did NOT end liking was the recommended crochet button.  On the ones I actually made for her gift, I purchased traditional buttons.

























For those who are visual like me, Teresa also made a You Tube video working the pattern.





Stay tuned for the finished gift project.....waiting for her to receive it before I publish.  Hope she likes it!  Here is a sneak peek showing the embroidery stitch beginning the project:



I may be linking to THESE parties.









Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. You are just a crocheting maniac this week. Keep up the good word.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOnderful job..you aren't afraid to try anything are you! lol
    I'm sure she will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the light box tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right about the crochet buttons. I can't seem to find one I like either. They're just not sturdy enough.
    Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it...and your color's are awesome. I did one of those year's ago and of course gave it away. I need to make me some hand made item's someday.
    Love,Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!